Here’s the next installment of “Sunday News Roundups”, this time from the 4th to the 10th August. Enjoy reading the scoop on the latest news!
- There’s plenty of official music videos that have debuted this past week. Check out videos from 1 Girl Nation (“Try”), Lauren Daigle (“How Can It Be”), Big Daddy Weave (“Overwhelmed”), needtobreathe (“Devil’s Been Talking (Acoustic)”), Selah (“More and More Of You”), HillaryJane (“Stix and Stones”) and Worship Central Australia (“Joy”); which video is your favourite?
- Naomi Striemer, Boling Point, Lincoln Brewster, Michael Boggs, Fellowship Creative and 7eventh Time Down have all released lyric videos this week, for “Untold Story”, “When You’ve Lost It All”, “There Is Power”, “Everyday We Live To Praise You”, “Alive”, “Future Back” and “The One I’m Running To” respectively. Which song is the catchiest?
- There are also a few audio slides for your viewing pleasure as well, with songs debuting this week from Amy Grant (“That’s What Love Is For (Remix)”), Colton Dixon (“Dare To Believe” and “The Time Is Now”) and Thousand Foot Krutch (“Untravelled Road”)- which songs stick out for you?
- There have been plenty of album updates/announcements /artists in the studio in the past week, check them out! Artists like Mandisa, Rachael Messini of the Washington Projects, Citizens and Saints, Veritas, Disciple, Kathryn Scott and Trip Lee have all announced new projects for 2014, while For King and Country have unveiled a press release about their song “Without You”, which has raced to no. 1 on the Christian charts on iTunes. Steffany Gretzinger has given us an EPK about her new album The Undoing, and Steve Taylor & The Perfect Foil have unveiled their new album cover for their upcoming release. Caleb (from Anthem Lights) and Kelsey (previously from 1 Girl Nation) are recording music together, and Lacey Sturm’s book releases this year as well. Which news of confirmed projects and artists recording makes you most excited?
- With no shortage of TV and movie news either, let’s dive in. There will be a Ghostbusters 3; what do you think about the focus on female ghostbusters? There will also be a female Spiderman spinoff in the future, and the latest Terminator film has received a new name (Genisys). There is also a film in development, starring Joseph Fiennes, about a Roman Centurion investigating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, as well as a definite Alice In Wonderland sequel, with Johnny Depp acting again as the Mad Hatter. Welcome To Sweden on NBC, and Arrested Development on Netflix, were just renewed for Season 2 and Season 5 respectively, and Crossing Lines just received a premiere date for its second season. Syfy have announced premiere dates for shows until the end of 2014, and have also unveiled a poster for the 2015 series 12 Monkeys. Christian Borle has joined the cast of the live NBC production Peter Pan (as Mr Darling and Mr Smee), and iZombie’s lead character’s best friend has been recast, with Aly Michalka starring. The Flash and Agents of Shield have had new cast additions, and James Marsden has officially joined the cast of HBO’s Westworld. The Count Of Monte Cristo is being developed into a TV series, and Batman V Superman has a confirmed release date in 2016! So… that’s a lot of movie news- are you excited by all of the latest developments?
- It was probably bound to happen, but The Civil Wars have disbanded, with Joy Williams in the middle of recording her own solo album. What is your take on the popular and respected duo parting ways?
- Lecrae’s new album Anomaly hits stores on September 9th; check out this interview where Lecrae talks about his upcoming album (itunes pre order link!). Speaking of interviews, V Rose has an interview as well, about her album Forever After; check it out!
- NF’s debut EP has released to rave reviews, check out the press release here! Are you impressed by how the release has taken the world by storm?
- Everfound have a new EP out this week, an exclusive Spotify album titled Reimagine, check it out here!
- The much anticipated trailer for “Left Behind”, starring Nicolas Cage, Chad Michael Murray and Nicky Whelan released this week, what do you think of it? Are you going to watch this movie? Also out this week as trailers are films Christian Mingle, The Book Of Life, Believe, Beyond the Lights, and Camp X-Ray; which film captures your attention?
- For King and Country are taking over Vevo later next week, what do you think is going to debut as a music video?
- This is very unexpected- Gungor has flat out denied creation and the flood- check out his thoughts, as well as 2 blogs here and here. What do you think of this controversial viewpoint?
- This week, Royal Tailor are embarking on a youtube chat, are you going to join and actively participate or watch?
- Jeremy Camp, Kutless and Adam Cappa are touring together this fall, on the Come Alive tour; are you thinking of attending a concert?
2 thoughts on “Sunday News Roundup (4th-10th August 2014)”
I know I am probably going to get lashed if the Civil Wars’ fan see this comment but I got excited when I heard about their split up last week. I’ve been hoping for about a year that Joy Williams gets back to the CCM industry. I don’t know where this is going but I hope to hear the Joy Williams I once knew. 🙂
I never really cared for The Civil Wars either. Though I am not sure if Joy Williams is recording Christian music… she may just be releasing music to the mainstream, like Brooke Fraser, Switchfoot, Skillet and needtobreathe