Here’s the next instalment of “Sunday News Roundup”, this time from the 1st to the 7th September. Enjoy reading the scoop on the latest news!
- There’s plenty of official music videos that have debuted this past week. Check out videos from Jason Eaton Band (“Satellites”), Karyn Williams (“Who Says”), Shelly E. Johnson (“Your Kingdom Come”), Whosoever South (“Come On In”), HillaryJane (“Shotgun”), Propaganda (“Make”), Candice Russell (“So Much More”) and Lecrae (“All I Need Is You”); which video is your favourite?
- With new videos also come new album announcements, track listings and press releases. David Thulin, Sanctus Real and Trip Lee have announced the track listing for their new albums, while Robbie Seay Band, Beth Hazel Farris, Angie Miller, Peter Furler and Lara Landon have revealed confirmed dates and details for their new albums. Fireflight’s Dawn Michelle is pregnant, and this is impacting the release of INNOVA, which has been pushed back to May 2015, while NF, Marthe De La Torre and Kerrie Roberts are all back in the studio recording new songs. Which new piece of album info are you excited for?
- Fireflight and Kerrie Roberts have both announced fall tours, to add to the growing list of fall tours, including TobyMac, 1 Girl Nation and Newsboys. What do you think of these two tours, and which will you attend?
- It’s time for new TV show/movie news, so let’s dive in! Did you know there’s a 24 Movie brewing? NBC is developing a TV series on the Ten Commandments, and Supergirl is being developed (not sure which network though). The Terminator reboot movie trilogy series has had its release dates announced, and the Carrie Underwood smash hit song “Two Black Cadillacs” is being turned into a TV series! Which piece of news excites you the most?
- 2 high profile albums releasing next week (Lecrae’s “Anomaly” and Kathryn Scott’s “Sing On The Battlefield” are streaming on iTunes first play and New Release Tuesday respectively; how are you enjoying these albums?
- Plumb has announced the release date of her new book called Need You Now: A Story Of Hope (September 16th); are you going to purchase this release?
- As if we didn’t need any more reason to check out NF’s brilliant debut EP; here is a behind the scenes video on vevo outlining NF’s testimony! It’s pretty cool, huh?
- Flame and V. Rose make up the signings on independent label Clear Sight Music. Check out the new signing of Mike Real here!
- Want to be one of the first to acquire Desperation Band’s new live album Banner, releasing at the end of September? Check out the preorder options here!
- If you want to have a glimpse into the songwriting process and want to know more of the history of Jars of Clay, check out this week’s Relevant Magazine podcast, with Dan Haseltine as the guest.
- It’s official, this cooler is the highest grossing kickstarter of all time. Yep, even higher than the potato salad kickstarter! Check out the link here and be amazed, surprise and dumbfounded at the same time!
- Taya Smith is a lead vocalist from Hillsong United who leads beautifully and flawlessly on the hit single “Oceans”; check out this blog about 10 things she has learnt from worship leading!
- Marc Martel, previously from Downhere, has a new solo single releasing this month; check out the premiere on USA Today here!
- Manic Drive’s new album VIP releases October 14th 2014; check out the meaning behind the title track on their pledge music update here!
3 thoughts on “Sunday News Roundup (1st-7th September 2014)”
Wow, a lot has happened this month so far, but the news I’m most excited for is Martel’s new album. I’m a big downhere fan, and the Wide eyed and Mystified album is one of my all time favourites. The new song sounds amazing. You guys have made my day 😀 And I’m also excited for Robbie Seay’s album. My birthday is coming up next month, so with new albums from Robbie Seay, for King and Country, Sanctus Real, and Martel, I’m all set!
Thanks for commenting Luc, actually this week was a quiet week compared to others. If you want to you can look at the other Sunday news roundups- http://www.365daysofinspiringmedia.com/tag/sunday-news-roundup/ I think there was a week in early August that had more news…
I’m not that much of a fan of Marc Martel’s new sound, but I guess if it points new fans to Jesus, then that’s cool! By the way, have you heard the previous RSB Psalm albums Luc? Do you recommend them?
I haven’t had a good listen to the second EP yet, but I have the first one and I would highly recommend it. When they’re all released, I’ll buy the other two, and make them into one album on my itunes! But even with how good the EP’s are, the Rich and Poor album will be incredibly difficult to beat.