It’s time for another Sunday News Roundup, here’s the next instalment from the 23rd February til the 8th March 2015. Enjoy reading the scoop on the latest news, spanning over the past 2 weeks!
- Time for TV and movie news from the past two weeks! Comic Con 2015 has sold out in record time, who is attending this prestigious annual event? The Oscar winners this year were announced recently, what do you think of the winners? While you can read about major developments in shows such as Once Upon A Time (here and here), Agents Of Shield (here and here) and Orphan Black, and also watch the trailer of the movie Killing Jesus; you can also read about Allegiance being cancelled, and Person Of Interest and Broadchurch being renewed for season 5 and 3 respectively. Both NBC and CBS have announced their summer schedules, and there is also new developments on the highly anticipated show Supergirl (here, here and here) as well as the Arrow/Flash spinoff. High profile actors Joanna Garcia Swisher, Tom Ellis, Craig Ferguson, Chris Meloni, Sylvester Stallone and Alec Baldwin have also announced new roles in upcoming new series; what do you think of these new projects?
- It’s been a fortnight filled with music videos aplenty! Sumerlin (“Out Of My Head”), Red (“The Darkest Part”), Kari Jobe (“Holy Spirit” and “Lord Over All”), Michael W Smith (“I Lay Me Down” and “All Arise”), Vertical Church Band (“Bound For Glory” and “If I Have You”), Third Day (“Soul On Fire”), Lauren Daigle (“Trust In You”), Nate Sallie (“Lord I Need You”), Watoto Children’s Choir (“Be Exalted”), Json (“Identity”), Rapture Ruckus (“Volcano”), Mandisa (“Press On”), Needtobreathe (“Brother”), Newsong (“Faithful”) and CentricWorship (“The Greatness of Who You Are”) have all unveiled music videos, and there have also been lyric videos from boiling point (“Put Your Hands Up”), KB (“Sideways”), Hawk Nelson (“Live Like You’re Loved”), Britt Nicole (“Set The World On Fire Remix”), Lauren Daigle (“Trust In You”), WorshipMob (“Our Father Has Won”) and David Dunn (“Have Everything”). Juliana Zobrist has also revealed stories behind the songs “The Dawn” and “Shatterproof”, while Group 1 Crew has given us behind the scenes footage to recording their new album #POWER, Danny Gokey has spoken about his new single “More Than You Think I Am”, and we are glimpsed a video about Derek Johnson ahead of his new album release in April. What’s your favourite video and why?
- Time for music album news! Jared Anderson, Derek Johnson, Bread Of Stone, Mat Kearney, Building 429, Casting Crowns, Needtobreathe, Amy Grant, Jon Guerra, Lauren Daigle, Rapture Ruckus and NCC have all released, or are releasing new projects, while Kutless have been busy in the studio recording new music for 2015 as well. Kirk Cameron is co-hosting this year’s K-Love Fan Awards alongside Elisabeth Hasselbeck and the new movie release date for Hillsong’s new project is May 29th. Ryan Stevenson has a brand new No. 1 single (“Not Forgotten”), while Third Day had a very successful week as their album Lead Us Back released recently, and an exciting new book (All You Want to Know About the Bible In Pop Culture: Finding Our Creator In Superheroes, Prince Charming, and Other Modern Marvels) releases soon as well (which we may or may not review!). Ginny Owens is also writing a new book! Which album are you going to purchase when it releases? Which release are you excited for?
- It’s official, the release date for albums has changed to Friday! What will happen to the site New Release Tuesday? Will it change its name?
- This past fortnight, leaders, celebrities and artists all banded together to help end slavery with this year’s End It Movement; did you join in this worthy cause?
- Want to know the behind the song stories of tracks from Hawk Nelson’s Diamonds? Then look no further than this New Release Tuesday devotional here! Who’s excited for the album to release? If that’s not enough to grab your attention, then you can always pre order the new albums from Matt Maher and Point Of Grace, which both release very soon, and also a free download of Newsong’s new song “Faithful”!
- This fortnight was littered with interviews, but these interviews with Copperlily (here and here) and Audio Adrenaline are ones that I think should be read. What do you think of them, and will you pick both albums when they release later on in the year?
- The Letter Black and Shine Bright Baby have unveiled new fan funded campaigns for their upcoming tours, will you contribute?
- Christy Nockels and Plumb are both releasing new albums later on 2015, check out the album covers of Let It Be Jesus and Exhale!