Here’s the next instalment of “Sunday News Roundup”, from the 5th til the 11th January 2015. Enjoy reading the scoop on the latest news!
- Want to take the 30 day challenge in listening to only Christian music? Check out the link here and be in the running to win a trip to see Third Day in concert!
- Hillsong Young And Free, who released their first album in 2013, are releasing their follow up EP This Is Living this coming week; check out the announcement on Youtube, the press release and the pre-order on iTunes! Who’s excited for the new album?
- Speaking of new albums, check out the new album announcements and news of artists in the studio! Hyland, Sumerlin, Casting Crowns, Lights Go Down, All Things New, Audio Adrenaline, Leeland, LZ7 and Josh Wilson all have new material in the works coming soon, while Jonathan Thulin has released the album cover for his new release Science Fiction. Owl City has unveiled a cover song of Rich Mullin’s song “If I Stand”, and Lacey Sturm, formerly of Flyleaf, has released her new song called “Faith”. Misty Edwards’ new album Little Bird has reached No. 1 on iTunes, and Jason Dunn has released a song called “Now Or Never”. Which album announcement/release/piece of information excites you the most?
- Time for TV and movie news! The After and Covert Affairs have both been cancelled by Amazon and USA Network respectively, while spoilers for mid-season shows in 2015 are abundant. There is a long term superhero film slate in the works over the next few years, and speaking about superheroes; check out the first trailer for Ant-Man, which releases in July this year. Netflix has announced their premiere dates for shows airing in 2015, while there are various casting updates for the shows Shanara, American Crime Story and Murder In The First. The Bafta Nominations and The People’s Choice Award winners have both been announced; there is an in-depth interview with the cast of 12 Monkeys; and there is news about Minority Report and School Of Rock being ordered as a pilot and to series respectively. More info has surfaced on the CW shows iZombie and The Messengers, and Finding Carter has a premiere date for season 2! Who’s excited for new shows and returning shows? I know I am!
- There haven’t been that much music videos of late, however what has released has been powerful and impacting. Videos from Christafari (“Selah”), Json (“Secrets”), Desperation Band (“On The Throne”), Tenth Avenue North (“For Those Who Can’t Speak”) and Kerrie Roberts (“My Heart’s Lifted (Acoustic)”) all released last week, while TobyMac released an official audio slide for the new single “Beyond Me” and Flyleaf premiered their lyric video for “Thread”! Which video do you enjoy the most?
- Paul Baloche, one of today’s most popular and respected worship leaders has been interviewed by Nikki Fletcher about his thoughts on worship, songwriting and the local church. What do you think of the interview?
- Here’s your chance to voice your opinion on the best albums of 2014! Check out the Indievisionmusic post here! And just to ease everyone’s minds, yes I am still writing my list for this site- it will be online very soon!
- Lecrae has had the opportunity to perform on Jimmy Fallon, check out his performance here!
- Jamie Grace has written her first book called Boys, Boys, Boys; check out the press release here!