I (Joshua) am going on a holiday for a few days, hence I’m posting this week’s roundup two days early. Next week’s roundup will be on Sundays as usual.
Here’s a special instalment of “Sunday News Roundup” (a post on Fridays- we can definitely surprise all of you!), this time from the 8th to the 12th September. Enjoy reading the scoop on the latest news!
- Paul Colman, in the studio recording his new album Recalculating, has given us an update; check out the video here! Are you excited to hear his new songs?
- There are official music videos that have debuted this past week. Check out videos from Worship Central Australia and New Zealand (“Oh Lord I Seek Your Face”), Austin Adamec (“Sinking Deep”), Lauren Daigle (“O Lord”), Boiling Point (“When You’ve Lost It All”), Switchfoot (“When We Come Alive”), Young Oceans (“Lead Me”), John Mark McMillan (“Silver Shore”), Sumerlin (“Heartbeat”) and Anthem Lights (“Just Fall”); which video is your favourite?
- Jon Foreman, lead singer of Switchfoot, has also written about an article about his inner most thoughts on life. Check out the blog post here; what do you think about it?
- Chris Tomlin is releasing some new acoustic videos in promotion of his new album Love Ran Red; check out the news here! Are you excited?
- With new videos also come new album announcements, track listings and press releases. Jenny Simmons has a brand new song and date for her EP, and Shine Bright Baby and Jonathan Thulin are in the studio, recording their respective albums. John Mark McMillan and Brightwork have announced new albums, as has Centric Worship and KJ-52 (who has also debuted a new single). The new Katinas album has a new album cover, as does David Thulin’s Reconstruction Vol. 2.2, and Rend Collective have floated up the idea of a Christmas album. Which new piece of album info are you excited for?
- Lacey Sturm’s new book releases in October, check out her videos about the book, describing why she sings, why she wrote a book, why she left Flyleaf, why she wanted to die and why she is alive today! Are you excited to read the book?
- It’s time for new TV news. Starting with the most unfortunate, there seems to be no plans to make Iron Man 4. On a more positive note, newly cancelled Longmire seems to have a pulse at this stage, as Amazon and Netflix seem to be interested in picking up a potential season 4. While there is a sequel for Now You See Me (with a date confirmed as well!), there are also new pilots pitched for a medical drama on CBS (produced by Halle Berry), the DC Comics Titans (at TNT), and another CBS show, this time a real time action drama like 24. What piece of movie/TV news are you excited for?
- As there are albums releasing every week, there are also album streams. Lauren Daigle (How Can It Be EP), Flyleaf (Between The Stars) and for KING and COUNTRY (Run Wild, Live Free, Love Strong) all have albums releasing next week, what do you think of the album streams? You can also stream Willet’s album on their website as well! In other news, U2 have released their new album Songs Of Innocence for free this week! What do you think of the streams this week?
- Shelly E Johnson’s new album Your Kingdom Come releases on September 23rd; check out the lyric video here!
- It’s a big week for Lecrae this week; his new album Anomaly reached #1 on iTunes, across all mainstream charts! And we have all news Lecrae this week! Check out the lyric videos for every song on Anomaly, as well as his Breathecast interview and his appearances in Relevant, Rapzilla and BadChristian! What do you think of his new album?
- Tenth Avenue North have a new album releasing this year, called Cathedrals; check out their EPK, as well as a blog written by lead singer Mike Donehey! Are you pumped for the new tracks, which include “No Man Is An Island”?
- Needtobreathe released their new album Rivers In The Wasteland in April; and Yahoo is streaming their entire concert at the end of September! Are you excited to watch the concert?
- Flyleaf have unveiled a new contest related to their new single “Set Me On Fire”; check out the details here! Are you going to enter into the contest?
- Michael W. Smith’s new single “Sovereign Over Us” is hitting radio at the moment, check out the story behind the song!
- Josh Wilson is embarking on his first headlining tour this fall, check out the video below as he shares his heart and inspiration behind his songs!